There has been a lot of questions regarding what is and is not allowed in a flight for PIREPs so I am to clear this us. The following rules are used by our staff when assessing PIREPs.
1) Must be at least 5 minutes.
2) Cannot exceed 250 knots under 10,000ft. AGL longer than 10 sec
3) Landing rate cannot exceed -700fpm
4) No more than 25 knots while conducting a standard taxi on the ground
5) 1x simulation speed will only be accepted (flight duration times will also be checked)
6) Only 2 manual pireps can be filed per month (exceptions may be given for reasonable explanations)
More rules will be added as needed. If your PIREP is declined and you feel it should have been accepted in the first instances please contact [email protected]
If you are unhappy with this decision information on how to appeal will be included on the bottom of the email sent to you.