There has been a lot of questions regarding what is and is not allowed in a flight for PIREPs so I am to clear this us. The following rules are used by our staff when assessing PIREPs.
1) Must be at least 5 minutes.
2) Cannot exceed 250 knots under 10,000ft. AGL longer than 10 sec
3) Landing rate cannot exceed -500fpm
4) No more than 25 knots while conducting a standard taxi on the ground
5) 1x simulation speed will only be accepted (flight duration times will also be checked)
6) Only 2 manual pireps can be filed per month (exceptions may be given for reasonable explanations)
7) No Mid-Air refuelling
More rules will be added as needed. If your PIREP is declined and you feel it should have been accepted in the first instances please contact [email protected]
If you are unhappy with this decision information on how to appeal will be included on the bottom of the email sent to you.